If you have recently purchased a new vehicle and are having serious problems, you may have have a claim under Washington State lemon laws or the Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
At a certain point, enough is enough. You have taken the vehicle in to the shop time and time again at the warrantor’s request and the problems persist. You’ve lost valuable time and money and are sick of the constant headaches. It’s time to seek out our advice. The below is intended to be a quick and general overview of the laws the may be available to you.
Washington Law That May Provide You Relief
Your car is a “lemon” if it has one or more significant defects that have been subject to a “reasonable number of attempts” to diagnose or repair the problem(s) covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. A manufacturer is required to repurchase or replace the vehicle with a non-conformity or serious safety defect after a reasonable number of attempts to correct the defect have occurred.
Federal Law That May Provide You Relief
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (“the Act”) protects consumers who bought a product worth more than $25.00 and has an express written warranty. The Act requires a warrantor (the dealer or seller) to perform repairs at least two or three times to correct a defect. If the defect persists, you may be entitled to relief, including repurchase of the vehicle, a trade-in, or a refund and payment of your attorney’s fees and costs.
For More Information
For your convenience, you may review our informational brochure. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a courtesy hardcopy to be mailed to you.
If you would like to speak with one of Washington State's Top-Rated Lemon Lawyers, call us at (509) 381-5091 or fill out the below form for a free and confidential consultation of your legal rights.
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz: Repurchase of new vehicle plus attorney's fees and costs.
- 2017 Jayco Travel Trailer: Repurchase of new vehicle plus loss of use, payoff of financing, plus attorney's fees and costs.
- 2017 Jeep Cherokee: Repurchase of new $45,000.00 vehicle, including payment of attorney's fees and costs
- 2016 Chevrolet Sonic: Buy-back of new vehicle plus attorney's fees and costs.
- 2016 Tiffin Allegro Motorhome: Buy-back of $350,000.00 motorhome plus payment of attorney's fees and costs.
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler: Buy-back of $55,000.00 vehicle, payoff of financing, payment of fees and costs.
- 2016 Dodge Challenger: Repurchase of $60,000 new vehicle, including payoff of financing and payment of attorney’s fees and costs
- 2016 Ram 3500: Repurchase of $60,000 new truck plus reimbursement of down-payment, loss of use, insurance costs, and payment of attorney’s fees and costs
- 2016 Range Rover Evoque: Repurchase of $65,000 vehicle plus reimbursement of down-payment and payment of attorney’s fees and costs
- 2015 Fiat 500: Repurchase of $20,000 vehicle, including refund to consumer, payoff of financing, and payment of attorney’s fees and costs
- 2015 Winnebago Itasca Viva Motorhome: Repurchase of brand new $95,000 motorhome that was experiencing significant electrical malfunctioning plus payment of attorney’s fees and costs.
- 2015 Dutchman/Keystone Travel Trailer: Replacement of $40,000 brand new, defective travel trailer with 2017 upgrade trailer plus reimbursement of out-of-pocket costs and payment of attorney’s fees and costs
- 2015 Subaru Forester SUV: Repurchase of $25,000 vehicle plus reimbursement of all out-of-pockets, loss of use value, and payment of attorney’s fees and costs
- 2013 Tiffin Motorhome with Ford Chassis: $60,000.00 cash and keep off for defective engine.
- 2013 Audi Sedan: Obtained repair costs for the purchaser of a car online where substantial hail damage was not disclosed to the client before purchasing the vehicle online. Also obtained payment of attorney’s fees and costs.
- 2011 Toyota Sequoia: Obtained repurchase and replacement of vehicle plus attorney’s fees and costs where used car dealer failed to disclose that the car had been in a wreck, sustaining substantial structural damage, before the sale.