When individuals hold positions of power at institutions like offices, schools, and summer camps, they are expected to do everything they can to protect the students and campers in their care.
Sadly, some people take advantage of this position and enter into sexual relationships with the people they hold institutional power over. To compensate for the short- and long-term effects of these incidents, then, many victims choose to pursue civil lawsuits against the responsible party.
While a civil case cannot make up for the incredible violation and emotional trauma you have experienced, the sexual misconduct lawyer at The Law Office of Boyd M. Mayo wants to provide victims of sexual misconduct in Spokane, Washington, and the rest of the state with one more way to fight for justice against their abuser. Seeking compensation from the individual responsible may help get certain areas of your life back on track in the process of recovery.
We know how difficult this time is for you and your family; when you are ready, you can schedule with us to find out more about what may be required of you, more information about the legal process, and if pursuing litigation is the right decision in your case.
If You Are A Victim Of Sexual Abuse
If you have experienced sexual misconduct in any form, do not be ashamed. You have done nothing wrong. If you would like to speak with a lawyer about a sexual misconduct case, please call us at (509) 381-5091 or click below to fill out a contact form.
Sexual Misconduct Claims in Spokane
Though it may be difficult for you or your child to go through the legal process, we will do everything we possibly can to help you recover compensation for all the damages associated with the incident, including:
- Any associated physical and emotional trauma
- The cost of any associated medical care
- Any long-term effects resulting from the incident
Examples of eXEMPLAR RESULTS:
- $500,000 court-approved settlement for child rape victim against school district
- $175,000 settlement for sexual harassment victim against boss/owner of nursing home
- $30,000 settlement for sexual harassment victim against boss/owner of retail store
- Confidential settlement for sexual harassment victim against a large accounting firm